Monday, August 11, 2014

PROJECT REPORT 7 - Circular Weaving


J E N N E
Still working on this one. Wrapping warp as groups is working really well towards the center of the circle.  I used embroidery thread for some of the weft and it so shiny compared to the wool - a nice contrast I want to play with more, maybe more in a monochromatic approach with the same color with a texture from using different fibers.


A L I S A
I haven't had much time to work on this piece, as I've been getting ready for school. I am excited to get back to it though. I'm really enjoying playing with adding warp as I go. I'm contemplating what to do around the edge of the hoop. I've noticed that I've warped in two different ways, one is quite visible and the other isn't. I'm ok with it, but wish I had of been consistent. This just means that I may have to add something around the edges, perhaps wrapping hand-spun to cover the inner wooden hoop, then framing it with the outer hoop. We shall see...

No comments: