Thursday, September 3, 2015

PROGRESS REPORT 32


A L I S A
I've been working on this great shawl called Sea glass. It's been a great carry around project of join-as-you-go crochet motifs. The best is that Kelbourne Woolens declared this summer Crochet Summer 2015 and there have been some amazing projects tagged. I used a very fun multi-coloured yarn and, as I usually do, ran out of yarn just in time for the border. This happens to me a lot and I really like that it does. It gives me a chance to get creative and add a fun new colour or texture element. This time, I'm using some fun hand-dyed yellow yarn that I had in my stash to finish it off! It's the perfect fall colours and I can't wait to give it a bath and wear it!



J E N N E
Merino, spun woolen, feels like spiderwoman spinning chewing gum so fine.  Its really my favorite way to spin wool, the ease of pulling the wool into place, letting it fill the twist as it will.  4 bobbins full to ply and then dye in a rudbeckia bath, then to overdye some of it in indigo as a test.  

No comments: