Monday, September 21, 2015

PROGRESS REPORT 33



A L I S A
I really love combining techniques in creating my puppets and dolls. I am currently working on a budgie doll and decided I wanted to weave the wings. I've used a sewing ham to secure the warp and then packing the weave tightly to create a woven shape. I really love that I can create these types of shapes. 



J E N N E
Heading into Autumn, feeling the need to make some warm woolies for everyone.  Wool socks are a necessity and not cheap, but somehow over the years I have amassed a stash of quite a lot of sock yarn and it makes more sense to just make them this year.   Its the first time I have made socks completely from math and measurements and though they look pointy they fit my kid better than any other socks I have made for myself from a pattern.  I love this time of year, the slowing down and working on home projects and turning a bit inwards, it suits my hermit-y craft pursuits.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your blog. Many thanks gor giving me inspiration

Judy said...

Just found your blog and needless to say I love it!! Where on earth did you find this lovely hunk of yarn? Or is it something you did yourself? It's beautiful.