Monday, March 31, 2014

PROGRESS REPORT 4


A L I S A
This is the yarn I spun from the rolags I made on my blending board. It was fun to spin because of the different fibres I used. I had so much fun with it, I can't wait to use the board more! I'm not sure what I'm going to make out of them, perhaps I'll use them in my weavings...


J E N N E
Continued experiments on the loom.  I started with using the warp yarns as the weft and then could not help but grab any yarn /thread /string /wool /piece of fabric within arm's reach to try out.  The super winner wefts are DENIM SCRAPS.  Its like unicorn rainbow denim clouds (sixth grade fantasy especially the part where the warp is orange and yellow.)  Did a little research and there is a whole other Japanese technique/style of weaving called Sakiori in which denim scraps are rewoven into fabric thats made into kimonos, obis, anything really.  


No comments: