Monday, May 5, 2014

PROGRESS REPORT 9


A L I S A
My tubular weaving continues. I haven't painted the puppet heads yet, but I've finished making their bodies! I'm kind of obsessed with just making woven tubes. In fact, I've made so many of them they are starting to look "too nice"! You know, when you do something new, it might be a little weird or "off"? I like that - once you get good at something, it's starts to get nicer and more even and I always long for the "off" look of learning...



J E N N E
Drawing and cutting and sewing and redrawing and cutting and sewing and ripping out and repeat.  I hurt my arm this week in a fall, not too bad but enough to feel too nerve tingly-bruised to knit weave or hand sew so I dove deep back into patternmaking again.  Finished a redraft of the Endless Summer Tunic to reshape over my shoulders and lengthen into an Endless Summer Dress.  Cut out of muslin fabric and sewn and yes.  Ready to roll.  Finished my basic dress from Cal's Pattern Drafting course, this is the sleeve, last component, sewn together, fit, yes.  Two, no three patterns now to start sewing iterations of - the tunic and the two dresses.  


No comments: