Monday, June 30, 2014

PROJECT REPORT 4 - Circular Weaving


J E N N E
Using the warp for the weft now - less complicated easier to see the forms that are being made.  I love these little hoops for weaving as I was able to do the weaving at the top at the park and a little at a cafe after a beautiful summer day at the beach.  I like the basketry feel of the warp (a cotton string from the dollar store, honest) and the brown linden fiber at the bottom as well.  


A L I S A
Here is my first finished circular weaving for the Craftophilia Project Report. I wanted the middle of the circle off-centre and I really like it and think it turned out nicely. I got weaving with mohair and it made the most amazing nest like structure and almost looks like felt or something. It also is really great for filling in between the warp threads. I like it and I'm looking forward to doing a bigger one.

No comments: