Monday, October 19, 2015

PROGRESS REPORT 34


A L I S A

I have been thinking about Earth Looms a lot lately and how much I would like to build one somewhere in my community. As luck/fate would have it, I was approached by a wonderful organization here called The Guelph Enabling Garden - a community garden that is accessible to all. I recruited my brother to build the loom and the following week, I had a group of people come warp it and weave on it. Participants walked around the garden and were able to pick things that they wanted to weave into the loom. I'm excited because there are several group weavings planned for the future! I'm looking forward to the winter one where we will use evergreen and weave in strands of popcorn for the birds. 



J E N N E
Beautiful Gotland Shetland cross fleece that I found at Fiber Fusion, a local fiber festival.  My daughter insisted on getting this one, and Im glad I listened to her reasoning, this sheep lived in Coupeville where we had just visited for a weekend and "probably ate lots of mussels" (probably not!) because that just what we did.  

No comments: