Monday, April 14, 2014

PROGRESS REPORT 6


J E N N E
This week's moment in the weaving sampler - what happens when you take half finished handspun art yarn and let it do its thing in the weft?  Undulations, some predictable, some not, all dependent on the long ago rhythm of my spinning the yarn five years ago.  I have about 6 inches to go on this weaving and am excited and ready to warp something new and try one of these experimental moments in a full piece of cloth.


A L I S A
This is my Babette Blanket in progress. Ever since I saw the pattern in about 2006, I have dreamed of making it and now it's happening. I'm making it out of various stash bits that I have of so many different yarns. Some that I have dyed, some that are leftover bits. All the yarn is roughly in the worsted/aran category. I'm loving how it is turning out. I keep this project at my mom's house, she's making one too using very different yarn and I love watching our blankets grow. It's constructed in a log-cabin style so I'm sewing it all together as I go - when it's done it will be done!

1 comment:

hodge podge said...

love love LOVE what you two are doing! keep 'em coming!